Ebates Coupons and Cash Back My 1905 Kansas Victorian: The prep is the thing

Sunday, July 09, 2006

The prep is the thing

Well, our initial work in the guest room is finished. I won't say the guest room is finished because there is still the ceiling, the floor, the trim, the windows, etc. but we have finished the walls for now. I love the result.

Ok, here's the story. We removed four layers of wallpaper and a layer of paint. We washed the walls extensively the remove the buildup of adhesive or something that was bright red off the walls. We patched all the holes (probably 200) with spackling. Doug skimcoated the walls with plaster. We sanded the skimcoat. We taped the woodwork because I am a sloppy painter. Then we primed. We figure we had about 40 hours of work in the room before the first coat of paint went on. I'm really proud of how smooth the walls are now. Here are the walls before paint. Doug, David and I all worked on this.





Now with paint. The gold is a very rich gold but seems to come out yellow in the pictures. I'm really happy with the way this project has turned out. And not a minute too soon because we are having company stay in this room tonight.


No comments:

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back