Ebates Coupons and Cash Back My 1905 Kansas Victorian: My little bit of heaven

Saturday, January 13, 2007

My little bit of heaven

OK, so maybe the title is a little dramatic but my finished closet is so much better than any closet I've ever had before. You will remember that we ripped out a old, inefficient, mildrew-ridden closet in the sunroom off our bedroom. Here's what we replaced it with.

If you have a great walk-in closet, this will not impress you. However, if you have a great walk-in closet, you're probably not living in an old Victorian.

Our house was built with closets, one per room. I know some of the homes of our vintage don't even have that. But these closets are very narrow and small. No way they were going to accomodate two people's clothes. That is why someone had put a closet in this sunroom to begin with. This room is only accessed through our bedroom. We haven't decided if we are going to enclose this with some kind of doors but for right now, I'm just thrilled to have neat, useable storage that I can see! Notice, of course, that the floor still needs to be painted because the POs never painted the floors in any closets.

This is a nice size room so as well as being my closet, I have an old dressing table that I am redoing in there. I plan to also have a nice reading chair and lamp. It feels like a private retreat for Doug and I since there is no other access to it.

Yes, this old house is a huge amount of work but the luxury of having enough rooms that you can just use some as a closet-Priceless!

1 comment:

Shari said...

Hi. I enjoyed looking at your site today. We have similar houses, but ours is in Texas. Our website is www.blogspot.com/tackertfamily if you want to take a look.

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back