Ebates Coupons and Cash Back My 1905 Kansas Victorian: Projects, projects everywhere

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Projects, projects everywhere

Well, I said I would show a picture of the basement all cleaned up. Here is the before:

Here is the after:

I will actually walk down here barefooted now! I actually have no parts of my house that gross me out. Yeah! Here is my favorite part of the basement:

Yes, it's a studbay in the ceiling. But it is a studbay NOT filled with lint and cobwebs! (The little gray things in their are marks on the wood, not cobwebs.) I love knowing that every spider and piece of lint in the known universe are not about to descend upon my head. This was actually hours of vacuuming to achieve this. I would eventually like to do this to the floor.

After finishing the cleanup of the basement I moved on to clean up the attic. It is a huge space and we don't have it full by any means. As we have carried stuff up there, however, we have just piled it around the stairs. Doug wants his tool storage up here because it is so easily accessible. I have started organizing and putting up shelves so that things are easily found. Birds were using the attic as a roost for years so there is tons of cleaning to be done but first I need to get the piles up off the floor.

While I started on the attic, Doug began our Next Big Project-the TV room. It began like this:

Now it looks like this:
Doug is taking down the horrible panel ceiling. Tomorrow I'll post what he found as he took the drop-ceiling.

No comments:

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back